Mysql is not functioning on centos VPN

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I want to configure lamp server on my centos 6.7. For that I wanted to install mysql.



I executed: sudo yum install mysql-server



Which gave:



Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test


Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/bin/mysql from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/msql2mysql from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysql_find_rows from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysql_waitpid from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlaccess from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqladmin from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlbinlog from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlcheck from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqldump from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlimport from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlshow from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysqlslap from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysql.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysql_find_rows.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysql_waitpid.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlaccess.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqladmin.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqldump.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlshow.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlslap.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/msql2mysql.1.gz from install of mysql-server-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlbinlog.1.gz from install of mysql-server-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlcheck.1.gz from install of mysql-server-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysqlimport.1.gz from install of mysql-server-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-client-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/bin/mysql_config from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-devel-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64
file /usr/share/man/man1/mysql_config.1.gz from install of mysql-5.1.73-5.el6_6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package MySQL55-devel-5.5.45-1.cp1148.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------


I feel like mysql is already installed.



So execute : mysql



mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)


Still seems like mysql is installed.



rpm -qa | grep mysql
cpanel-mysql-5.1.73-1.cp1136.x86_64
cpanel-perl-514-DBD-mysql-4.027-2.cp1146.x86_64
cpanel-mysql-libs-5.1.73-1.cp1136.x86_64


When I check



service mysqld start
mysqld: unrecognized service


so mysqld is not installed. I am confused what is the situation.



I guess cpanel which is installed bydefault on my godaddy server conflicting with one which I want to install.



Any clear solution for this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment